Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A complete rookie…my SAHM journey – PART 2

I enjoyed my time at home with the kiddos. 

I was SO grateful to have the opportunity to see them learn and change each day because I KNOW so many women wish they could do the same. 

With that being said, I felt like I was good at something and it WASN’T being a SAHM!!!  

I felt like there was one place I KNEW what I was doing.  

I felt like there was one place I could ACCOMPLISH something. 

I decided to go back to work. 
-----
There is something very important to this part of the story.  

I did NOT PRAY about going back to work.  I could NOT talk to GOD about this decision.  I did NOT want to hear what he had to say!!!  There I said it...  

James Chapter 4:3 says: “When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.”

I did not want to talk to God about this decision because I wanted to go back to work for purely selfish reasons.  

I never realized how much I thrived on the “atta boys” until they went away. 

It makes me SICK that my self-worth was that tied up in what ANYONE thought of me…
-----
I then found out I was pregnant again.  It was a complete surprise!  Total God thing?  Ya think?????





4 comments:

  1. I have always heard that if you want to make God laugh - tell him your plans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your transparency, girl!! That's what being real with each other is all about, right? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you too Sarah!! That's right...i said if i was going to do this then it was going to be true to life,,,even if it's a bit ugly at times. :)

    ReplyDelete

I go CRAZY when i get comments...you know as in I LOVE hearing from you! Go ahead and say hi! It makes me so excited!