Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Guest Post: Sarah @ The Fontenot Fourg

Happy Thursday All!!  

I am really excited to have Sarah from The Fontenot Four filling in for me while the kids and I are visiting my family out of state.  

Sarah is one of my very best blogging friends and I am honored to have her here today!  If you don't know Sarah, once you get to know her you will just LOVE her heart.  She is wonderful!

---


Thank you so much, Kelly, for having me over on your blog today!!  I'm so excited to be here!  I hope you are having an awesome vacation and am glad to fill in for you.

My name is Sarah and I blog over at The Fontenot Four.  I began my blog about a year ago as a way of recounting all the joys and blessings in my life at a time when things were really difficult.  I have a 6 year old daughter who has multiple special needs and who is also medically fragile.  What this means for my family, which also includes my husband and an 8 year old daughter, is that in addition to making adjustments and modifications to accommodate my daughter's disabilities, we also much make a lot of decisions which will impact her overall health.

For a long time, I felt completely ill-equipped to handle this job.  I mean, even when you have a healthy child, the baby doesn't come with an instruction manual, right?  So imagine a child who has some pretty serious developmental issues {she is developmentally like a 6 to 8 month old ~ she is six years old!}.  Throw in a lot of serious medical issues which will ultimately shorten her life-span, and there's just no way this mama was feeling at all equipped!

Through many trials and tribulations, I have come to learn that there is an instruction manual after all.  It's been with me all along.  You have it too - it's at your disposal right now.  It's called The Bible.  If you don't have a physical copy at your fingertips, hop on over to YouVersion or Bible Gateway.  There you will find the entire Bible in all its different versions right there for your reading pleasure.  In fact, if you are going through a particular season in your life, you may want to look into one of the various reading plans available on those sites that relates to what you are going through.

Get in the Word.  I promise you there is so much to be found in the Word.  I firmly believe that it weren't for the Word, I would not have developed as much in my faith as I have over the past few years.  If it weren't for the Word, I would not know that God is always there for me no matter what situation ~ good or bad ~ comes up in life.  If it weren't for the Word, I wouldn't know that there are specific scriptures that I can arm myself with when I am doing battle with personal demons or the enemy in some way.

They say {whoever "they" happen to be} that God doesn't give you more than you can handle.  I'm not sure if I 100% agree with how that is worded.  What I do believe is that God equips you with absolutely everything you need to be able to handle whatever situation you may find yourself in.  The armor He provides may not be completely obvious to you at first, but the more you become in tune with God and His Word, the more you will be able to see what He is making available to you.

There is so much in my life right now that should have me scared to death.  But I'm not.  
It is this verse that I can cling to each and every day that tells me that I do not need to fear.
Perhaps it might tell you the same.




Photobucket

Do you feel HIM through her words?  I do EVERY DAY and it encourages me on MY walk so so so much.

Love ya Sarah girl!!!

PS:  Sarah hosts a Thankful Thursdays link-up every week which brings SUCH encouragement.  If you are unfamiliar PLEASE click below and read everyone's posts and join in as well.  



The Fontenot Four

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this very thoughtful post. I didn't know that there was a site available that would allow you to tailor a reading plan based on the circumstances you were facing, so thanks for the heads up, I need to check that out.

    I agree with you about that saying - I'll go a step further and say it kind of annoys me. I always think that it says (without actually saying it)that it is better to not be able to handle stuff, because then God just makes sure everything goes great for you. It is almost like being punished for having strong faith. I like your interpretation better - that life is full of some sucky stuff, but God is able to work in all situations - my favorite verse is Romans 8:28.

    I read your blog also, though I need to check and see if you are on bloglovin - that site makes it so easy for me to stay caught up - or at least close to caught up!

    ReplyDelete

I go CRAZY when i get comments...you know as in I LOVE hearing from you! Go ahead and say hi! It makes me so excited!