Friday, October 19, 2012

The Mommy Club


Howdy, ya'll!
I'm Hannah from Hurley Love.

 
I'm not from Texas or the South.
Born and raised in Northern California.
I'm a new mommy and am here today to share my thoughts on being a part of the mommy club.


Now when I first got married. I was automatically entered into this competition about how big the diamond was on my ring. I couldn't care less, but that is the first thing you get asked. 
"Let me see the ring."
"Beautiful" 

Well, now being a mommy. I'm in a new competitive game.



Its called "Are you a good parent and is your child smart/pretty/sleepy/active/attached/scheduled enough."
Have you been entered into this game? DOn't ya love it {insert sarcasm thickly here}


Don't get me wrong I have met some quality mommas and great kiddos, but every now and then you get hit by an iceberg and gotta put up the mommy defenses.
I was once given this advice "Don't take anyone's. You will know your baby better than anyone else."
And its the truth right?


As a Christian, I'd wish we realize that we are each an individual with a different path and different perspective. I wished we loved more.
As a woman,  I'm saddened that we can't be more supportive.
As a mom, I feel pressured to join in on the gossip.
As an athlete, I feel that inner competitiveness for our baby to be #1 in all areas.
 
I'm realizing more and more to appreciate everyone. To encourage them in their walk through parenthood. 
I feel like there aren't enough of us wanting to lend our support. Honest. Genuine. Sincere.
 

I'm here to encourage you the next time you hear a wailing baby or mom reprimanding her child, or parent spanking their kid, just remember we all need a little grace. 
We all need a little reminder that we are all doing our best. 
Let's be encouragers. I know that is not my first instinct. But I'll do it if you will.
Hands in!!
Hooray!!
My blog is full of recipes, fitness inspiration, book reviews, and my thoughts on love, life, and motherhood.


Too-da-loo

3 comments:

  1. The "Keeping up with the Mommies" game is a never ending cycle. And not a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the guest post today! So true! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Hannah! Little miss is so cute! I miss having a baby, you are really going to give me baby fever LOL

    ReplyDelete

I go CRAZY when i get comments...you know as in I LOVE hearing from you! Go ahead and say hi! It makes me so excited!