Wednesday, December 5, 2012

In The Word Wednesday – Happy 2nd Birthday boys!

Today is our twin boys 2nd birthday. 


Elijah and Jacob I am so blessed to be your mama.  I am so proud of the little people you are. 


As I go through Scripture this week I can’t help but look at my reading in reference to things I want to ensure you know from God’s word.

Elijah & Jacob, “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong” (1 Corinthians 16:13).  I pray you never waiver.



“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you” (Ephesians 4:32).  Love people and be kind my sweet boys.  You have no idea what is going on in someone else’s life.  I know sometimes it’s hard to do even when you don’t agree with that person or that person has hurt you but I promise you when you look back at your life you will be happy you did those things.  I pray you learn that lesson earlier in life than I did.  And don’t forget that even if someone wrongs you are commanded by God to forgive them the wrong. 

The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant
21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”
22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[g]
23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold[h] was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.
26 “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’27 The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.
28 “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins.[i] He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.
29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’
30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.
32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.
35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.” – Matthew 18: 21-35



Elijah and Jacob lastly, today I encourage you to use the talents God gave you to serve people in LOVE for that is what we are called to do in Galatians 5:13.

Remember boys…

How much do I love you?  



SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!
--
What have you been learning in the Bible?  Please join myself and these fantastic ladies for this encouraging linkup!  

Sarah at Fontenot Four 
Falen at Upward Not Inward 
Kelly at Exceptionalistic 

Tales of Beauty for Ashes

Into the Word Wednesday Blog Hop Rules:
1. Write a post about what God is teaching you this week.
2.  Follow the host and hostess. 
3. Grab a button to put on your blog - the more the merrier!
4. Check out (and comment) other people's blogs and be blessed by all the sisters and brothers around the world!


post signature

12 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post! Love it! God is something else, as i was reading the post, God gave me the exact scripture for all my boys! 1 Corinthians 16:13

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! Happy Birthday little men!! Xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are so beautiful, happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your sweet little boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so sweet! Happy birthday to your sweet little boys friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love praying scripture over children :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your cutie pies =) little men of God !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your sweet little boys! Growing up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. two at once seems crazy to me since even one at a time can be a handful! congratulations on making it two years! hehe ps jacob is a great name... if i do say so myself (my guy's name is jacob too :) )

    ReplyDelete
  10. So stinkin precious!!! Thank you for sharing your babies with us today!!! They are adorable! Love thire bold names!! Happy Birthday lil' fellas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. toooooo cute! =) I love your heart for your kids. how you stay sane is beyond me, and yet still manage to encourage and inspire others!

    ReplyDelete

I go CRAZY when i get comments...you know as in I LOVE hearing from you! Go ahead and say hi! It makes me so excited!