Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of JULY friends!!!!!!!!!!!  Hope you are all having a FABULOUS week!!!!!!  Today I've got my friend Carolyn here sharing her FABULOUS room redo!!!!!!!  I LOVE IT!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for being here lady!!!!

---
Hi everyone, I'm Carolyn from My Simple MESSterpiece! I'm thrilled to be a guest on The Houtz House Party visiting while Kelly is off enjoying her week-long vacation! 
I'm a newbie blogger and Kelly has been such a great support to me. I've not met a sweeter blogger, and I truly can't thank her enough for her generosity and kindness. I just love her blog and down-to-earth style.
Today I'm sharing the 'reveal' of my favorite makeover ... let's just say, my formal living room has gone a bit country y'all! 
Since I'm originally from Texas my style tends to have a touch of country, but when we moved into our rather bland new-to-us home in Missouri I decided to up the ante by really bringing out my cowgirl style. Here is the room before...

So after a bit of paint, sanding, and some fabric, I gave this room a big Texas makeover that makes me feel like I'm back home. Here is the room after I gave it my cowgirl makeover...
To make this space reflect my Texas style, this is what I did ...
  • Replaced the light fixture with a wrought iron style chandelier
  • Painted and distressed our old bookcases 
  • Made some not-so-traditional curtains
  • Painted and distressed the small accent table
  • Recovered the backs and seats of the chairs
  • Added a jute rug, old saddle perched upon a stool made from logs, small wrought iron style lamp, and a horse collar
Here are a few pics of the details ...







I couldn't be happier with the way room turned out ... it really feels like home to me now.

Stop by and visit me sometime at My Simple MESSterpiece. You never know what kinda mess I'll make next time, but I'm thinking about tacking my kitchen cabinets real soon! ;)

Kelly, many thanks for having me over. I hope you have a fabulous vacation!



3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. Doesn't even look like the same room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the new chandelier...so pretty! She did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete

I go CRAZY when i get comments...you know as in I LOVE hearing from you! Go ahead and say hi! It makes me so excited!