Friday, October 12, 2012

Monterey Chicken with Girls Gone Food


My name is Lauren and I'm a 20-something year old that loves to find the fun in life. One of my passions has always been food. There is just something about its entertainment quality and ability to bring people together that is really special starting sometime in college, I discovered my love for cooking. Since then, I haven't really stopped. I put a lot of love and care into everything I make, and wanted to create a blog to showcase that. I love to entertain, so my blog has tons of fun party recipes and drinks.
If you want to check out some fun recipes come visit my blog. I'm always looking for new followers and sponsors. I'm friendly I promise!!
Today I'm sharing a recipe for Monterey Chicken. I served it with corn and it made an easy weeknight meal!
Recipe Source: all things simple
Ingredients: 
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/4 cup BBQ sauce 
  • 1/4 cup real bacon bits
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 14oz can Rotel tomatoes with green chillies, drained
  • sliced green onions
Recipe: 
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Pound out chicken breasts and season with pepper.
  • Grill chicken until thouroughly cooked
  • Top each chicken breast with 1 tbsp bbq sauce, 1/4 cup of cheese, 1/4 cup of tomatoes, 1 tbsp bacon bits, and green onions. 
  • Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray
  • Place in oven and bake for about 5 minutes
 

2 comments:

I go CRAZY when i get comments...you know as in I LOVE hearing from you! Go ahead and say hi! It makes me so excited!