Friday, February 24, 2012

A Half Bath Redo – I hope I hope!!!

I’m getting excited!!! 

I get bored REALLY easily and would probably move every couple years if it wasn’t such a pain in the butt,,,you know the whole selling your house thing in a yucko economy and all! 

I once moved 5 times in ONE year!  I think I was 20 at the time?  My parents were ready to KILL me!!! 

Anyhoo, I do like our house…I just get bored with the way it looks.  

The only rooms we’ve even painted since we moved in 3 ½ years ago are all the bedrooms (3).  I am SO OVER the “builder” white that everything is painted.  I know we have to do things bit by bit since our decorating budget is very tight. 

Darn that whole 4 kids on a single income thing! 

Ok, anyway…back to the REASON I’m excited…I am planning our half bath redo!  I know it’s just a simple thing but it makes me OH SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 

Isn't it AMAZING what a little paint can do?????????????

This is what it looks like right now:

BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!  PLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!  BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am beyond PUMPED because I found the EXACT color for the wall!  It’s been one of those things that I’ve KNOWN in my HEAD for about 6 months now but I haven’t SEEN the EXACT right color anywhere. 

All I can say is Pinterest really is God’s gift to us!!!  Don’t you agree? 

The other day I was browsing and found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darkest Color - for 1/2 bath on main level!  EXACTLY THE COLOR I AM LOOKING FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://luckettstoreblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/picking-palette-march-design-house.html
So…here’s what I’m thinking:

  • ·        Darkest color for the walls.
  • ·        On the left wall white wainscoting ¾ of the way up the wall.  Sorta like this:
  • Arched beaded-board alcove
    http://www.bhg.com/bathroom/photo-gallery/beaded-board-bathrooms/#page=12 
  • ·        At the top of the wainscoting a long shelf (my mother in law has one already she’s willing to give us)!
  • ·        Bunch of different frames all spray painted black filled with black and white snapshots of our family on top of the shelf/ledge thingy.

·        I’ve got a few other ideas too…but we’ll see.

I’m hoping to con my FIL and hubby into doing this project for me for Mother’s Day?
 
Hm…guess I better break the news huh? 

Sweetheart…r u reading this? 

Love you!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I go CRAZY when i get comments...you know as in I LOVE hearing from you! Go ahead and say hi! It makes me so excited!