Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Man Food – BBQ Chicken & Bacon Grilled Cheese

My husband is what you might call a very “manly” eater!  

He loves anything and everything with BBQ sauce and bacon!  

My brother in law Ryan is the same way.  His nickname is actually “Bacon” and we all get him bacon themed items for Christmas,,,bacon gum, bacon candy canes…I really think someone might have gotten him a bacon air freshener one time?!?!  Anyhow you get the idea…

I made this manly sandwich a week or so ago when Ryan was coming over for dinner.  Check it out and see if the guy in your life might enjoy it as well.

What you need:
Bacon
Chicken
BBQ sauce
Cheddar cheese (I used a bit of shredded mozzarella too because I realized I didn't have enough cheddar)
Bread
Butter

What you do:
Either grill or bake some bbq chicken.  (I used 2 breasts for 4 sandwiches and we had enough left over for probably another sandwich.  I also want to mention I made these sandwiches pretty thick so I put a lot of chicken in them.)  
Cook your bacon until crisp.  
Butter your slices of bread very generously.  
Then I just put it all together like I was making a grilled cheese sandwich.  EASY PEASEY SIMPLE!!

Oh and it was a hit!

“Man tested, “Bacon” approved!”

6 comments:

  1. YUM! That looks amazing, and very summer-y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! Your blog is so cute! New follower! You can visit me at http://raisingdieter.blogspot.com/

    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH forgot to mention! I shredded the chicken and added more bbq sauce before I put it on the sandwich to grill!
    Yep you guys gotta try it. NOT good for you BUT good for the taste buds! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH! This is just too much for my pregnant self to take! I feel like I need to eat this right now :)-Christie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks smashing!

    And your newest follower - linking from eatpray{read}love.

    http://www.thepeanutsgang.com/2012/03/cranberry-chocolate-quinoa-granola-bars.html

    ~Samantha

    ReplyDelete

I go CRAZY when i get comments...you know as in I LOVE hearing from you! Go ahead and say hi! It makes me so excited!