Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Challenge


My girl Paige over @ Artsy Anthropology had an idea for a post that I really just fell in love with.  I can’t say I’m surprised.  If you know Paige then you know why too?  PS:  She’s really really great!

She issued a challenge to us that brings nothing but love!

Check it out:
--
Today I Challenge You To...

1. Say something nice about 2 different people that you've met through blogging, shop ownership, etc..

2. Do something nice for a complete stranger, doesn't have to be big or expensive.

3. Say something good about yourself.

4. Be thankful for something.

5. Do something that scares you, that you've been putting off or that you normally wouldn't because other people think it's "not like you"...

Ok, my dear…here we go!

1. Say something nice about 2 different people that you've met through blogging, shop ownership, etc.. – I will start with the girl who thought up this whole challenge thing…my friend Paige.  She has been kind since DAY 1 to me and I truly appreciate her super fun sense of humor and genuineness.  She’s pretty much awesome!  Next is Krista.  She’s an intern working on the Blank Canvas Tour with Christina and David from Tico&Tina.  She has this quiet confidence that is rare in someone so young.  She has a strong faith in God and a beautiful spirit.  I LOVE THIS GIRL!

2. Do something nice for a complete stranger, doesn't have to be big or expensive. – I gave a family coming into Costo my cart last time I was there.  This wasn’t at all a big deal BUT you should have seen their reaction.  It was like I just gave them $50 or something.  They were SHOCKED!  I think that’s pretty darn SAD they were so surprised.  That's telling about the norm at my Costco.  BOO!

3. Say something good about yourself. – I feel like I’ve changed a LOT in the last few years.  I’ve become a lot more giving and a lot kinder.  I like myself more too.

4. Be thankful for something. – My family is going through some ch-ch-changes in the next few months downsizing into a smaller less expensive home.  4 kids are expensive…Can I get an AMEN?  I could not be more thankful that having to downsize is our biggest worry in our lives at this point.  I am so thankful to have 4 healthy children and a healthy and strong marriage.  That blessing is not lost on my for one second.

5. Do something that scares you, that you've been putting off or that you normally wouldn't because other people think it's "not like you"... Uh oh…..this is going to have to be TBD…!!!  I hope I’m not cheating on this one too much Paige!  Or maybe I should do a dare that someone gives me???????????????  Comments?


Artsy Anthropology

Alrighty...who's next to do The Saturday Challenge?????

7 comments:

  1. Moving and downsizing... I seriously just found 2 houses for sale and several for rent when I was in my neighborhood today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fun! When I give my cart to people they act so surprised too! It's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, you are so awesome! Thank you SO much for the compliment! Seriously. It's very encouraging! I also love the idea of this challenge and I think it's really cool that you're being a part of it. Keep up the great work!
    p.s. Have I mentioned that I'm really, really glad I got to meet you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH - I freakin' love you! Oh kids, they are expensive - but positive, getting to decorate a new abode, love seeing how things fit different in new spaces! It's okay about the last one, I didn't really do a big giant one either - so skip away ;)

    -Paige

    http://www.artsyanthropology.com/2012/08/saturday-challenge-818.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very cool challenge! And for your scary thing, you need to start training for a half marathon again! I know how much it scares you, but I know you can do it =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. some of these questions are good to ask yourself all the time!!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this challenge, I may have to take it on next week! Thanks for the inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I go CRAZY when i get comments...you know as in I LOVE hearing from you! Go ahead and say hi! It makes me so excited!