Monday, April 9, 2012

Jarrett Pasta – Pure YUMMY! Pure EASY!

So my bro in law is a total foodie!!  

Oh and he's a pretty good singer/songwriter too...just sayin...
Jarrett Randazzo as Hathaway Brown


He makes ALL kinds of DELICIOUSNESS!!!  And boy do we love sampling…

HOWEVER, I put a kid friendly spin on some delicious and EASY pasta he once showed me how to make. 

What you need:

Olive oil
Butter
Kosher salt
Pepper
Pasta (maybe penne…whatever ya got)
Lemon juice
Parmesan cheese (freshly grated is DEFINITELY BEST)
Fresh garlic or the kind in the glass jar...that's what i had

What you do:

I’m telling you this is so easy I’m almost embarrassed to post on this but it’s SO EASY and SO TASTY that anyone in need of a quick weeknight dinner (or lazy night dinner) can count on this for sure!

Boil your pasta according to the package directions.  Drain.  

In the saucepan (you know the one you just cooked your pasta in) pour a bit of olive oil & add about ½ stick of butter (real BUTTER people!!)  

Add a clove or 2 of minced garlic (or a little bit of the minced garlic from the glass jar like me this time).  

Add a bit of salt and a tiny bit of pepper and grate some parmesan cheese in there too.  

Oh also squeeze a half a lemon and add the juice.  You don’t HAVE to add the lemon I just think it really brightens up the flavor.  SO GOOD!

Next, next add back in the pasta, stir and add more parmesan cheese and olive oil until it looks like you think it should.  

I KNOW this is general people but it’s pretty easy to eyeball I PROMISE!! 

Now, THIS is my kid friendly version…and UNFORTUNATELY I didn’t have a block of parmesan in the fridge and had to use the kraft grated from Costco that is normally just reserved for lasagna…(I know Jarrett I know...I feel like i'm blaspheming!!!).  STILL tasty I promise!!!!

So for the not so kid friendly version….add truffle oil!!  Man is it GOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!  This version is ALSO more expensive due to the truffle oil but some days a little splurge is worth it!!!

Oh and I sometimes add in some sautéed spinach and/or grilled chicken. 

SOOOOO GOOOD ANY WAY YOU DO IT!  

Sooo...here's a FAIL to make you feel better about your day...my husband wanted some garlic toast with his meal...OF COURSE I didn't set the timer...i ALWAYS NEED to set the timer because THIS HAPPENS! 

The photo doesn't REALLY look that bad....but the black parts were SMOKING....I told you...FAIL!



3 comments:

  1. That pasta with truffle oil sounds delicious! I'll have to try it out. And I feel you on not setting a timer for garlic toast! I always do that, thinking it's only a few minutes and I'll definitely remember, then I walk off and end up with brown toast :( Sad story.

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Kelly you totally crack me up!!! I love all your FAILs! Just think - with all your fails, you're making me laugh! Because I can relate!!! By the way - that food looks good and at this point in my no carb eating, I'd eat that burnt garlic bread lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, girl it is SOOOO GOOD!!! Haha! I'm glad i'm not the only one!!! That happens to me A LOT! Sometimes I'm a total domestic failure!
    Jovan, haha!! i am glad i make you laugh! At least I get something out of these little mishaps! Makes for good blogging material! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I go CRAZY when i get comments...you know as in I LOVE hearing from you! Go ahead and say hi! It makes me so excited!