Wednesday, May 2, 2012

To my first baby, the day we found out you were going to be ours


Dear baby Ian,

You are now almost 3 and not a “real” baby anymore but a part of me will always see you as such.

Today I want to tell you the story of the day we found out you were going to be born.

I went to work as usual that day, sat down at my desk and turned on my computer…I then promptly ran into the bathroom and got very sick.

ODD!  BUT,,,somehow I just KNEW…I left work early that day to work from home but I couldn’t REALLY work so I took the afternoon off…BUT not until I took 4 pregnancy tests.  And yep,,,I was right!  YOU were going to be born!!!

I wanted to surprise Daddy BUT I had to tell someone and that someone was mama’s friend Jodi from work.  You see Jodi knew I was sick at work and that I suspected you might be coming along so I HAD to tell her and let her know to expect you.

As soon as I told Miss Jodi I stopped working and went to the mall.  Daddy had been wanting a new Laron Landry jersey.  You KNOW how crazy Daddy is about the Redskins!!!  I decided to buy him that jersey, and you a little Redskins onsie.  I wanted a jersey for you too but it turns out they don’t make them for little tiny babies.  A jersey for you would have to wait until you were a little older.  (You got one too eventually, don’t worry…actually you are on jersey #2…you grew out of your first Cooley one). 

I wrapped your little onsie in Daddy’s new jersey and took it with me to his work about the time Daddy would be leaving.  I was outside next to Daddy’s car when he came out of his building.  Daddy was happy to see me and VERY confused.  You see he didn’t know why I was sitting there.  He soon found out though. 

He opened his jersey and was SOOOOO excited BUT even MORE excited when your little onsie fell out of his and he realized he was going to get to meet YOU!!!!


Daddy’s face was PRICELESS and Mommy & Daddy were SO happy that day!!!!



You see sweet boy, we were SOOO excited we were going to get to be your Mama & Daddy!!!




null

13 comments:

  1. Awwwww.... He is such a cutie! So happy for you and the hubs honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story!!!! Following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.. such a sweet story! What a great way to tell daddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and following me. I just wanted to let you know that I am now following you back.I look forward to reading more from your Blog. I hope you'll stop by to visit my blog from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! This is uber sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! This is uber sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute baby boy. Found you through the Follow Me Wed. Happy to be your newest member.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHHHH This is soo cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I am just repeating what everyone else said..... but that is just a very sweet story :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this just makes me smile big! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great story! I hope that one day I can be that creative too.. :)

    ReplyDelete

I go CRAZY when i get comments...you know as in I LOVE hearing from you! Go ahead and say hi! It makes me so excited!